Take Your COVID-19 Assessment Here & Sign Up for the Test
Click Here for Back to school Information


2018 has zoomed along to the end in a fleeting moment. This is the time of the year we stop to reflect, remember the year behind us and look forward with great anticipation for the year to come. The new year gives us a chance to remember what went well and look for new opportunities for growth. With that in mind, here’s a look at 2018 with Pasadena Health Center. Click To Tweet

The Deadly Consequences of Insulin Rationing

Type I diabetes is an autoimmune disease that causes your body to attack the cells in your pancreas that produce insulin. Roughly 5% of the population has Type I diabetes, and for these people, medication isn’t an option. The treatment for Type I diabetes is to take prescription insulin shots on a regular basis. Rationing insulin in order to prolong each dose can be a deadly gamble.

The Lethal Consequences of Insulin Rationing

How to Prevent a Stroke: 5 Practical Tips to Follow

There are 2 types of stroke. The most common types are Ischemic strokes and they account for 80% of strokes. They happen when a clot blocks a blood vessel in the brain or a vessel leading to it. The other 20% are hemorrhagic strokes, which occur when a blood vessel in the brain bursts. Stroke victims may experience a number of symptoms such as slurred or troublesome speech, declined comprehension, and trouble with physical activity and exercise. Symptoms often come on very quickly.

5 Tips to Prevent a Stroke

6 Special Healthcare Needs of Seniors

Getting older brings with it a unique set of health obstacles. By being conscious of the common chronic conditions associated with aging, you can take the necessary steps to exercise knowledgeable, preventative care. In order to care for senior adults a certain amount of coordination between healthcare staff, family members, and caregivers is required.

Special Healthcare Needs for Seniors

A Healthy 2019

Pasadena Health Center is thankful for a wonderful 2018. We truly appreciate our clients and involved staff. We want to take this time to wish you and your loved ones a healthy 2019. Happy New Years!